Loving this tomato feta salad by Ina Garten. There was no basil at the grocery store so I was forced to use flat leaf parsley exclusively. Let me tell you. It needs basil. It’s still good! But not nearly as good as it would be with basil.
Tomato Feta Salad
- 4 pints grape tomatoes, red or mixed colors
- 1 1/2 cups small-diced red onion (2 onions)
- 1/4 cup good white wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 1/2 pounds feta cheese
Cut the tomatoes in half and place them in a large bowl. Add the onion, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, basil, and parsley and toss well. Dice the feta in 1/2 to 3/4-inch cubes, crumbling it as little as possible. Gently fold it into the salad and serve at room temperature.